Thursday, July 5, 2012

Computer Is Up And Running

There is nothing worse outside of family illness to strike terror into your heat and mind when you turn your computer on and get get a blue screen with some random crap saying you need to remove a file or some other crap. That's what happened to me yesterday or I should say early this morning.

I lost track of time, and went to bed around 2:00AM. I was restless and so I thought I would go back online for a few minutes. Well that turned into like 4:00AM. I was able to figure out what to do, back up and restore the files. After that I went to bed. I had to remove my Norton anti virus, and re-download this morning after I got some sleep That took about 35 min. Then install it all over again. get all the updates downloaded and installed.

Finally after about 2 hours there I ran a full system scan, which removed 56 tracking cookies. The system scan had to go through some million and a half files. That alone tool like 2 or 3 hours. Everytime I did another step I was praying that I was doing the right thing. I have not had any formal schooling on computer usage, always trail by error.

So I am back online. I posted yesterday not knowing if the laptop would crash again. Oh Duke, no smoke signals were used, a lot of prayer and lots of ESPN.... Mommy won't let me play with matches or lighters. She thought I would start another big fire like I did years ago.  Bahahaha

Stay Cool Everyone

5 comments:

  1. None of my business but I have used AVG anti-virus for years and never had a problem. It is free for basic addition. All I use. Remove everything else cause it does not play well with others. I'm just saying. the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Norton was the issue. But I am no computer expert. Now airline catering and commissary is right up my alley, that and avaition. Civil and military.

      Delete
  2. yay - my buddy Rob is back! woohoo!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know what happened or how I fixed it. At lest I did something right. Sorry my arm is getting sore patting my self on the back...bahahahaha

      Delete
    2. bahahahahah! go rest that arm buddy!

      Delete